My name is Erica Johnson I am a High School senior. My school offers a program called W.I.S.E. in which you can take a half a year of regular English than instead of continuing with that go off and pick a topic in which you are interested in and find it worth persuing further interest. I want to become an Architect. I honestly didn't know much about the requirements are and what it takes to be one so this is my research on how to get the best options for becoming an Architect in this modern job world.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Journal 52 (April 1st)

Oh my gosh I visited NJIT yesterday it was awesome the school was very cool. They had an entire building developed Architecture (shown below) inside the building is at The Center for Building Knowledge which is a research and training institute affiliated with the College of Architecture and Design at NJIT. I really liked the school. The Studio space is much better than Philadelphia University. The school is on "University Row" in Newark which is a very safe area. Often in bigger city you'll find the colleges all in one area.  The New Jersey School of Architecture happens to be one of the first architecture programs in the nation to establish fully digital design studios with three-dimensional modeling and color pre-visualization.  That is I'm guessing where they computer from DELL that I have to buy comes into play.  In this building they allow self guided tours of every floor. The students are always in and out of that building. You get your own work studio area and you generally work in that area for all four years/five years.


The architecture majors are always there during my self guided tour I saw a boy sleeping in the chair in front of his computer. I also really liked that inside that building they have their own library with architecture and design books. The building was very cool. The school has a lot of different aspects which are not like most schools I really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment