My name is Erica Johnson I am a High School senior. My school offers a program called W.I.S.E. in which you can take a half a year of regular English than instead of continuing with that go off and pick a topic in which you are interested in and find it worth persuing further interest. I want to become an Architect. I honestly didn't know much about the requirements are and what it takes to be one so this is my research on how to get the best options for becoming an Architect in this modern job world.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Journal 58 (April 7th)

I had a mentor meeting today with  Mr Johnson and I talked to him about how I've been feeling with everything thats going on with my project I really like have these mentor meetings he always gives me amazing ideas and calms me down with the stress that I feel sometimes with getting this project done. He gave me this amazing site which I mentioned before it's call GEM SET. I signed up for it 5th period today so they're going to mail me a specfic packet and everything to let me know what going on. The program is decribed in the website here http://www.uic.edu/orgs/gem-set/welcome.htm

Students send in career questions and comments to GEM-SET@uic.edu. Guidelines for discussion include classroom issues, career decisions, peer-pressure, challenges and opportunities. Scholarships, internships, prizes and field trips are also posted on the Digest.

All questions are automatically posted on the GEM-SET Digest for ALL the participants to read and respond. Mentors and students can respond by hitting the message REPLY button or by sending your message to GEM-SET@uic.edu.

When someone responds to a question, the reply is posted on the Daily Digest with a hot link for you to click on to read the answers. Both mentors and students are invited to make comments. Usually responses are made within 10 days of the initial posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment