My name is Erica Johnson I am a High School senior. My school offers a program called W.I.S.E. in which you can take a half a year of regular English than instead of continuing with that go off and pick a topic in which you are interested in and find it worth persuing further interest. I want to become an Architect. I honestly didn't know much about the requirements are and what it takes to be one so this is my research on how to get the best options for becoming an Architect in this modern job world.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Journal 84 (May 3rd)

So today I sent out some more emails for contact information to an architect in LBI Michael Ryan. I goggled him and was able to found an email I sent him several questions...

What types of Architecture are you involved with? Which type do you enjoy doing the most?      
What would consider being the most important step you took in becoming an Architect?
What was the Licensing process like for you?
What college program did you go to? What would you say was your favorite part your college experience and your least enjoyable part?
Was there anyone who you would say had a large effect on you and on the journey you took to be where you are today?
If you could go back and change something about your experiences and your career what would that be?
How do you get work? Do people come to you and ask for designs or do you submit them to people or companies?
What would you say is the most important part of being an Architect? What would be the most gratifying?
I’ve heard that Architecture is a very difficult and hard study to major in, did you find that you were stressed and working a lot of your college experience?
What would you say is the key to being successful in this field?
What project are you most proud of? What makes this one stand out for you?
How are you picked the location of your office?
It’s oblivious you have been very successful in your career is there any advice you could give me?
 They were all the questions and he replied very quickly which was awesome Ill definitely be able to use him in my PowerPoint which were talking about in class now

No comments:

Post a Comment