My name is Erica Johnson I am a High School senior. My school offers a program called W.I.S.E. in which you can take a half a year of regular English than instead of continuing with that go off and pick a topic in which you are interested in and find it worth persuing further interest. I want to become an Architect. I honestly didn't know much about the requirements are and what it takes to be one so this is my research on how to get the best options for becoming an Architect in this modern job world.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Journal 12 (Feb 20th)

So today is Sunday I worked all day I work at Hallmark so there isn't much I can do with architecture but that’s okay. I was thinking about something one of the girls said about her major at the Philadelphia University. While she was fashion design major what she said made a lot of sense. One of the parents asked “What do you find different about yourself since you started studying at Philadelphia University?” She resounded with "It's like learning to read. Once you learn to read and you look at a word you can't help it you read it there isn't anything else you can do. That's what I do now I looks at pieces of clothes and analyze them. I can't help its but I see what goes into them and the different styles."
I want to be able to view a building or home or a store and think ‘Oh this is that and the other thing is that’. I want to be able to analyze all the different aspects that go into it and how different the pieces are just unconsciously and without meaning to. I want to be so in-depth in what I know that my mindset is it.
Another thing I remembered about my visit was how they are sending out portfolios to company's now in mass quantities. Students are putting all the different things they've done on a post card with their information on it and sending it out like a post card résumé. I think that is brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment