My name is Erica Johnson I am a High School senior. My school offers a program called W.I.S.E. in which you can take a half a year of regular English than instead of continuing with that go off and pick a topic in which you are interested in and find it worth persuing further interest. I want to become an Architect. I honestly didn't know much about the requirements are and what it takes to be one so this is my research on how to get the best options for becoming an Architect in this modern job world.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Journal 3 (Feb 11th)

Johnson and I met up today. Johnson is my teacher mentor. He is a really nice AutoCAD teacher at my school. AutoCAD is the program architects use on a day to day basis for regular designing. I'm all Johnson's SILC (SILC is a student teaching program at my school) I've taken AutoCAD my entire high school experience and graduated from AutoCAD I, II, & III so being that were wasn’t an AutoCAD four in my school because no one had ever gone through all three as an underclassmen my only opinion to continue the program was to SILC for Johnson. I help student teach his AutoCAD I class.
Johnson and I met and today and it was a great visit he gave me so many possible ideas about different things I could do with my project. People to visit, Places to go, and all different things. Johnson has two awesome contacts which he has an Architecture teacher at Lenape school and a Architect friend in Pittsburgh he says I can talk to so I'm pretty excited and I all have two people who I’d like to interview. This guy who is studying Architecture for a couple years now who graduated from northern 2 years ago and a girl my sister knows from college.

I'm extremely excited after my meeting with Johnson to go on and continue this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment